Friday, July 8, 2016

The Offseason - Is It Time For An @NYMWS Twitter Break-Up?

Photo Credit - Bleacher Report/BET Filter- NYMWS
When we started to do this damn thing back in October of 2014 Clay sent me over all the usernames and passwords that he created for all the NY Morning Wood Sports social media accounts and said have at it brother. I remember back then asking him if we needed our own accounts, mine would be some dope shit like @NYMW$fitzy, and Clay's would be something okayyyy like @nymwsCLAYTON. But I remember my newborn blogging-brother-from-another-mother responding that we weren't there yet. We were wiser to join together, and battle the twitter verse together as one, as the NY Morning Wood Sports TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLDDDDD. 

So far, tweeting for the name on the front of our jersey, rather than the name on the back of our jersey has worked out just fine. Sure there's the occasional tweets or activity from one of us that the other doesn't agree with, but at the end of the day we have each others twitter backs TROUGH and TROUGH. We basically started this thing where before shit gets real on twitter we slap hands and I say "we ride together, we die together," and Clay says "bad boys for life." We have it all figured out as a twitter tag team. Well, I thought we had it all figured out as a twitter tag team, but it seems like today's activity is taking us down different twitter roads. 

With the fantasy football season right around the corner, I have taken the FantasyFitz uniform out of the closet, and I have been rocking out on the FantasyLifeApp. One of the posts I commented on had absolutely nothing to do with fantasy football, but I commented anyway because it caught my interest...
  
So after I put Peter Rosenberg over on the FantasyLifeApp, I took to twitter to let my boy know I was out here being his Paul Heyman...

Shortly there after, I got a text from Clay that read "Fuck your boy Rosenberg." Now I'm not sure if it is because he is jewish, or if it is because one of his recent rants, but Clay then let me know that he doesn't like Pete, and he damn sure isn't into me being twitter buds with Hot 97 & ESPN's Own. 

I felt sort of bad, because I didn't want Clay to think that he had to be twitter pals with someone he hates, all because I respect that person professionally. So I was about to call Clay, and say my mistake, I apologize, but I happened to make a pitstop on our twitter profile before dialing my boy's 516 digits, only to find his retweet from last night... 

Did my day one really throw DT a RT? WTF?! We do politics, but we don't really do politics. And what that means is that we do politics for comedy purposes, and we never choose a side while doing so. Now I could be mistaken, but it looks like to me that Clay is supporting Donald and taking shots at Hillary with this retweet. I'm not saying that I don't like the Donald, and I'm not saying that I do like "Lyin' Crooked Hillary" (DT's name-calling, not mine), but I am saying that I don't want to choose a side. People are more than welcome to choose and vote for any candidate that they wish, but I can't be out here with my twitter name on a RT that might tie me to one side or another.

So what do we do folks? Is it time for two separate Clay and Fitz NYMWS twitter accounts? Or is this not grounds for a twitter break-up? Is it just a misunderstanding? Did Clay just think DT was funny so he tossed him a RT? Or is Clay rocking with DT? I got a feeling Clay's Grammy rocks with DT so maybe he tossed out the RT for Grams? Do we have to stay together for the followers? Are all those random webcam girls going to be able to follow and offer their services to two accounts? Are we ruining their future? HELP! 

-Fitzgerald  

No comments:

Post a Comment