Saturday, June 18, 2016

The U.S. Open Minaj - Fitzy at the Cut


The round two cards are all officially signed. Lets check Fitzy's scorecard after the first 36. 

Red Guys
The winner is supposed to finish over par, but these guys have a legit shot to post a red number...

Dustin Johnson 12/1...EAGLE (-4)
Dustin has it all working through two rounds. Paulina's boo is the only player who has carded two rounds under par. He sits atop the leaderboard with a one shot lead #nuffsaid.  

Rickie Fowler 25/1 ...TRIPLE BOGEY (+11, MC)
The slump continues. Bad job by me. He'll be back. I just don't know when. This one hurts.  

Hideki Matsuyama 30/1...TRIPLE BOGEY (+12, MC)
Hideki never got it going playing along side Sergio and Dustin. The opening round 74 wasn't awful, but the two-double-bogey second round 78 was. Now I'm feeling some type of different way about Hideki. That's a bad way BTW. 

Fitzy's Red Guy - Rory McIlroy 7/1...TRIPLE BOGEY (+8, MC)
That awkward moment when my "Red Guy" double bogeys his last hole to miss the cut. It should not have came down to that though. I was expecting Rory to bring it. He got it going a little this morning with a 31 going out, but the 40 coming in squashed any hope. My mistake, I apologize (Jerry Recco voice). 

White Guys
When we think of white, we think of Fitzy's beautiful white down comforter with the highest of high thread counts. These guys have high odds, which means they're #SLEEPAS! If you thought we were taking this White Guys thing somewhere else, well then you my friend are a racist. 

Danny Willett 40/1...PAR (+5)
At +5, it looks like I am being too generous by giving myself a par, but I was encouraged by the even par second round. I can see the Masters' champ finishing somewhere around even, which might be an interesting place to be when it is all said and done. The Grand Slam talk should only be the softest of whispers right now, but I won't pronounce it dead just yet.

Billy Horschel 80/1...BOGEY (+6)
The dopest twitter handle in golf is just playing okayyyyy. The bookmakers got him right at 80/1. I don't think he has any major moves in him, but at least he is still playing. If you are a tier-pooler, you are not hating Billy still being around, but you aren't bragging about having him either.   

Jamie Donaldson 200/1...DOUBLE BOGEY (+8)
Being different and choosing Jamie Donaldson as your tier 4 guy is all well cool until JD goes out and posts a couple of Nick Mangold's on his way to missing the cut. Good idea, bad result. 

Jeev Milkha Singh 1000/1...TRIPLE BOGEY (+15)
Woof. I know what you are thinking, "Fitzy dude, you should be a little easier on yourself, the guy was 1000/1." I appreciate it, but no, I can't be. The NY Morning Woodsporters deserve better from me. My guys can't be missing the cut by nine strokes. I don't care if they are 20,000/1.  

Fitzy's White Guy - Sergio Garcia 40/1...ACE (-2)
Oh Fitzy, you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind. It's bloggers like you Fitzy! Just click this and enjoy. This could finally be the one.  

Blue Guys
Blue balls warning - These guys will leave you painfully unsatisfied and wanting more...

Jason Day 13/2...PAR (+5)& Jordan Spieth 8/1...PAR (+4)
Both guys are still around, but if you picked them you expected better. At the moment this is a fine call by me. However, if one of them goes out and posts a red number in round three, we could very well be changing this PAR to a DOUBLE BOGEY. 

Justin Rose 25/1...EAGLE (+8)
If Rickie and Hideki are bad calls, this is a good call. I told you so. Insert tongue out emoji.  

Phil Mickelson 25/1...BIRDIE (+7) 
Too bad, so sad. As I said, I was rooting for Lefty, but as an insider, I couldn't recommend investing in him financially. Did I kill that joke? Was it even funny the first time?

Bubba Watson 40/1...BOGEY (+5)
Ugh. His opening round made us look bad, and he tried to help us out with a poor second. He's well off the lead, but if I'm not ruling Willet out, I can't rule this tool out. Sorry, that was mean. I should take it back. If only my keyboard had like a delete button or something. 

Jim Furyk 80/1...TRIPLE BOGEY (-1)
Bad, bad, bad one here by me. Good for Jim. -1 is good playing out there right now. I don't think he keeps it up, but I had him for dead before the thing even started, so we have to score it what it is. 

-Fitzy Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment