Saturday, April 2, 2016

What About My Dog Buddy?

Photo Credit - lehighvalleylive.com / Filter - NYMWS
I'm no college basketball savant. Heck, I'm not even really a fan. But like your average poser, I'm a big March Madness guy. I had Oklahoma and Nova both making the final four, and it wasn't because I sat around breaking it down. It's because I followed the "Fitz's Guide to Bracketology" book.  So I know what you're asking, how does the "Fitz's Guide to Bracketology" get Nova and Oklahoma into the Final Four? 

I liked Nova because the Pope has Coach Wright on his show quite frequently. Jay sounds like a good coach, and a better man. I also know that he wears some dope ass suits, and I can ride with that because I'm the fashion guy around the NYMWS parts (aka I don't rock the cargos). Following the "Fitz's Guide to Bracketology", that was all good enough for Nova to earn a final four appearance. 

Another key chapter in "Fitz's Guide to Bracketology" is the chapter titled "The Melo Rule". In this chapter I preach that you should always look for a guy who can take ish over like Melo did in 2003. This year our guy was Buddy Hield. I loved the on the court highlights this year, and I also loved the story behind the Boomer Sooner senior. I'm pretty sure this chapter hasn't produced success since the 2003 creation, but I'm persistent in following my guide. So here we are, 13 years later, and I have a new Buddy. (Haha LOL...get it?) 

Ok seriously, I know what you're asking now, who the heck advances based on your book Fizty? While good spots on Big Mike's show and a strong suit game can take you far following my guide, it won't be enough to get you past the "The Melo Rule". Give me my dog Buddy.

Oklahoma (+2.5) 77 – Villanova 76

-Fitzgerald
twitter / gmail 

No comments:

Post a Comment