Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Offseason - I Want it PAXT Way

Photo Credit - Bleacher Report/BET Filter- NYMWS
I try to leave the NFL Draft breakdown to my peers Kiper and McShay, but my attention was immediately grabbed to the subject today when I saw this draft prospect on The ESPN...
My immediate reaction was..."OMG..What is this?! Where is his suit? What is that dopey chain! What a buffoon!" But all that changed when my main man Louis Riddick tweeted out his mock...

THAT'S MY QUARTERBACK!


You will have to forgive me folks. I've been living in my "the Fitz deal gets done at some point world", so much so that I've completely dismissed alternative quarterback options. But now I got my eye on Marshawn's baby cousin Paxton. Apparently he's real raw, and also there is a real shot now that he's gone before the 20th overall pick, so the logic in my head is screaming for me not to fall too fast. But I can't help myself, hearing him having some fun talking about his BSB look on 'Russillo and Kanell' has me feeling some type of way. 

Paxton, allow me to serenade you...
I don't know what other NFL teams do to make you cry
But I'll be there to make you smile
I don't have a fancy high pick
To get to you I'd wait 19 boring picks
I don't care if they buy you nice things
Does their gifts include B Marsh, Forte & The Deckers
But if you were my QB
I'd make it so we'd never be apart (after you grow behind Fitz)

But the 20th pick is all I have to give
Without you I don't have a QB of the future
I wish I could move up and draft you
But I don't want to be the Eagles and mortgage my future


See you at 20, hopefully. 

-Fitzgerald




No comments:

Post a Comment