Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The Metsies Blog - Wild Card Time

Photo Credit-Howard Simmons (NY Daily News)/Filter-NYMWS
Bring on the Giants. I don't care that it is an even year. I don't care that MadBum is on the bump in an elimination game. In the words of one of the songbirds of my generation, Wayne Hardnett Jr., I ain't never scared!

Our Metsies have deified the odds all season, and the crazy thing is, that besides the even-year garb, and the Bumgarner effect, they do not even need to defy the odds tonight. With our 6-6, 240-pound ace prepared for the spotlight, the Mets could very well match the expected Madison-gem with one of their own. After Thor holds up his end of the bargain, the Met bats should be able to grind out the necessary run total behind YoAnus Cespedes and Asdrubal Cabrera to keep playoff baseball alive in Flushing. With both members of the NY Morning Wood Sports Tag Team Champions of the Worldddd at Citi Field, give me the Mets in a tight one. 

METS (+103) 3 - Giants 1

p.s. Look out for the two Riveras to shine. Something about Riveras in New York, in the postseason, makes me tingle. 

-Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment