Sunday, January 18, 2015

Clay Is Seattle's 13th Man Today

Photo Credit-Zimbio/Filter-NYMWS


AND

Photo Credit-Patrick E. McCarthy(Newsday) /Filter-NYMWS



As much as Mike Francesa wants to be wrong about the Patriots beating the Colts today, I want to be wrong with taking the Seahawks over the Packers today.  
Mike and I are similar in the way we love quarterbacks we are picking against today.  Mike loves him some Andrew Luck and I LOVE me some Aaron Rodgers.  Mr. Munn-believable has been my guy ever since his been smashing out Olivia Munn.  Any guy that can take care of business with a woman like that is good with me, even if he doesn't bang her right after a big win.  The only thing with that relationship is that I don't think Olivia did the right thing this week by not just shacking up in Seattle and giving my man a rub down every night.  I saw she was on 'Kelly and Michael' the other morning, which is about as far away from Seattle as you can be.  Bad job by her.
Rodgers is hurt, there is no doubt about it.  We saw him struggle at times last week against a poor Cowboy's defense, but then turned it on when it meant the most(even though he couldn't convert a 2 point conversion that would have gotten me the cover, but that's besides the point).  There's a big difference between Dallas and Seattle's defenses.  One is mediocre and the other is historic.  Also, one was on the road in one of the hardest places to play in the league and the other is at home with the biggest home field advantage in the league.
With some help from the best in the business RJ Bell, lets take a look at the numbers and some of them are pretty scary from a Green Bay perspective.  Over the last 4 seasons Seattle is 19-4-1 ATS in games played in December and later.  The Seahawks are 25-2 at home, covering 20 of those 27 games, since Russell Wilson became the QB.  The Packers were a measly 4-4 overall on the road this season and were outscored by 17 points in those games.  This is the 24th time Rodgers has been an underdog in his NFL career, going 7-16 overall in the previous 23, but a decent 11-11-1 ATS.  Today is the biggest underdog Aaron Rodgers has ever been.  
But the stat that stood out the most to me and had me jump on the Seahawks bandwagon was this: The last 10 times the Packers were underdogs, they won the game once and covered once.  Even though that is kind of deceiving because those include games that Rodgers missed last year that number is alarming.  Oh yea and Rodgers is hurt, did I say that yet.
Mr. Munn didn't practice for the 2nd straight week to try and rest that strained calf, but will it catch up to him this week against one of the all time best defenses?  I think so.  I also think that this will be one of those ground and pound specials where "Beast Mode" goes off all day.
Marshawn may be a big doucher because he doesn't talk to the media by giving answers like 'thank you' or 'I appreciate it' instead of answering the actual questions.  I am not a huge fan of that shit because these guys have a responsibility to give the media time to their jobs, but I don't know he really seems scared of the media.  Last year at media day during Super Bowl week he only spoke to Deion behind the curtains, like the the fuck was that?  Whatever.  I've got my contacts in the biz that say he's actually a good dude to work with and that comes from a very reliable source (or sauce) so I'm going with that.  Lastly, if you somehow manage to lose your wallet at a gas station I really hope Lynch is the one to find it.
Anyway day of the week I would take Rodgers over Wilson, but this injury really does scare the shit out of me.  Hey Aaron prove me wrong babe so I don't have to see that asshole Pete Carroll chewing his gum like a cow for the next 2 weeks.

Seahawks(-7.5)-23 Packers-14  UNDA 47

PS
Love the song in the background of the Marshawn interview 

No comments:

Post a Comment