Saturday, January 3, 2015

What About The Dogs Fitzy??

Photo Credit - lehighvalleylive.com / Filter - NYMWS
It's not normal that my PIP and I disagree on things.  I mean we've got the same taste in women-we're Eskimo brothers a couple of times over, we've both been known to be pretty big partiers-the amount of school nights we got shitty are countless, we're both Paul Heyman guys-I mean we both have clients with the same first name, and we both grew up idolizing the great Derek Jeter-YEAAAAHHHHHHHHH JEEEETS!
That being said, Fitzy has his downfalls.  He like blue cheese, the Jets, and doing the Irish goodbye whenever he's in a social setting.  I thought that was it though, but today Fitzgerald has another downfall as he played his HARD WOOD on the 7-8-1 Panthers over the 11-5 Cardinals.
I get that the Cardinals are not the same team they were with Carson Palmer, I get that.  Hell, I get that the Cardinals aren't the same they were when Drew Stanton took over, I get that too.  Ryan Lindley is probably the best example of a third string quarterback, he's smart, quiet, and shows up everyday and does his work.  Lindley is not a good player and his numbers prove that; 9 career games-6 starts-2 TDs, 11 Ints, and 2 lost fumbles in 3 NFL seasons.
Those numbers are startlingly bad and I think that those awful numbers most likely will continue today.  Let me make this clear that I do not think that the Cardinals are winning today, but I do not think that the Panthers are winning by more than a touchdown.  Fitz is right, no QB or RB probably no W, but my brotha from anotha motha forgot about the other side of the ball.
The Cardinals defense is bad ass.  Their secondary is filled with a who's who of names that have been proven players in this league for a long time like the father of 18 Antonio Cromartie, Patrick Peterson, and one of my favorite pot heads Tyrann "Don't call me The Honey Badger anymore" Mathieu.  Cam Newton is a great athlete and a great talent in the NFL, but can he do anything against this star studded defense?  Maybe, but not enough to beat them by more than 7 points.  Oh yea and enough of Jonathan Stewart, he fucking sucks, he's had 3 good games in his 7 year career, he will not be a factor today.  
The Cardinals are 8-3 ATS when DOGS this season, including being 3-1 thefts 4 games of the season.  The Panthers are 2-3 ATS as favorites this season, but have just been 3-5 ATS in the second half of the season even though they've won their last 4 games straight out.
The Panthers have proven 1 thing and 1 thing only this season and that's that they beat the shit out of bad teams.  Sorry Fitzy, but even with no QB or RB, the Cards are not a bad team.

Panthers-14 Cardinals(+7)-12 



-Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment