Friday, December 19, 2014

Fitz's What About the Dogs? - I'll Miss you Dog

Photo Credit - lehighvalleylive.com / Filter - NYMWS
So I guess this is it. I don't want it to be. I don't think it should be. But it looks like this is it. As the Jets host the Pats this week it looks like Rex Ryan is going to coach his last game at MetLife as the New York Jets Head Coach. 

On December 29, 2008 the Jets fired Coach Eric Mangini after their collapse with the good ol' sexter gun slinger under center. As a die hard Jet fan that season took a toll on me. I remember back in Week 11 of that year we topped the Pats on a Jay Feely overtime field goal on a Thursday Night. It was magical. I partied the night away. I remember going back to some chicks dorm room who was a few pounds overweight but hey I didn't mind because the New York Jets were 8-3 and playoff bound. That broad was a dime piece for the night. Not to mention I had big plans the next day. I was heading up to C-State to see my boy Clay for the Cortaca weekend. All was perfect in the world. Tom Brady was out for the season and this was our year. Following that magical night, in Same Old Jets fashion the Mangenius and the Sexter dropped four of the last five to miss the playoffs. 

I never thought I'd recover from that. But on January 19, 2009 Sexy Rexy accepted the offer to become the next Head Coach of Gang Green. I immediately fell in love. He was fat, he was jolly, he coached a bad ass defense in Baltimore and he didn't come here to kiss Belichick's rings. Less the Superbowl championship, Rex has given me everything I could have hoped for. 

We immediately became relevant. We went to two AFC Championships in his first two years. We had foot-fetishes. We had awesome tats of his wife in a Sanchize jersey. We had middle fingers at UFC events. We had 'Hard Knocks', and of course, we had snack time. Even though we had to deal with "the process", we had a lot of fun with Rexy, both on and off the field.  

Even though Rexy is 4-8(including the 2010 Divisional Round win) against the Pats since taking over as the Jet's head coach, he has done the job defensively against Tom and Bill. The Pats points per game and Brady's total QBR (still not sure what the QBR is) is quite lower than their average against the rest of league while facing the Jets during Rex's tenure. Look for Sexy Rexy to dial up quite the scheme one more time to shock the world. 


Thank you Rex.

JETS 24 (+11) - Patriots 23 

-Fitzgerald

p.s. I hope Gronk gets his in that 23 points I'm predicting that the Pats score. Between cuddling and eating sausage this guy just does interviews and slays the interviewer. Have to respect it. 

p.p.s Since I mentioned Brady...
Photo credit: theplace2.ru/photos/Gisele-Bundchen-md67/pic-69712.html
p.p.p.s Since I mentioned the ol' sexter gun slinger...
Photo credit: thechive.com


No comments:

Post a Comment