Thursday, September 1, 2016

FantasyFitzy Straight Off The Block (RB Tiers/Rankings)


The game done changed when it comes to the running back position in fantasy football. Well, I guess the game done changed when it comes to the running back position in real football too, but this blog takes place in the fantasy world. This new RB era in fantasy football does not mean you should put your beach chair down in the "zero RB" sand though. The position still has fantasy value. It's just a matter of changing with the times. 


Gurley and AP are a coin flip for me. My coin keeps landing on the youth of Gurley, but the consistency of AP keeps it at 50/50. My coin had three sides before Bell's suspension, and Bell was my preferred side pre-suspension. I know, coins don't have three sides, but you get the point. Other than Gurley and AP, 13 games (if you make the playoffs) out of Bell is better than you're getting out of any other running back. Bell's ADP is RB6 right now, outside of the first round, which means we should all own him. You should get yourself some D-Will if you draft Le'Veon, but even if you don't you can find three games out of a fill-in to start the year, and the formula still works.. 
Bell + 3 Games of D-Will (or another fill-in) = RB3

He is the clear fourth for me, but David Johnson belongs in this conversation. With all due respect to Bell and the Steelers, he might have the best supporting cast of the bunch, and Bruce now knows he is the man to feature in their offense. CJwhoknowswhatK and Ellington will steal some snaps, but Dave is a special talent.


If I miss on The 4 Horsemen listed above, I am not going to punt on the position. With the right WR (or Gronk) drafted, I can plug one of these cats in my RB1 spot and still feel warm on the inside. 

I been drinking the Lamar Miller kool-aid for some time now, so now that a team paid him like they want him to have the ball, I'm not about to stop sipping now. Mark Ingram finally arrived last season, and I think that is being forgotten because of his injury late last season. Heck, he even showed his worth as a pass catcher too! Both guys are going a little later than I have them, but I feel like I know what I'm getting when I draft them. I know Lamar's rocking with a new ball club, but he can't possibly get less touches. 

McCoy climbed my board. Buffalo's offense is going to be better than we think, and LeSean's still the star. Tyrod and Sammy are sexy, but McCoy is still Rexy's preferred toe. Yes, foot fetish jokes still do fly.

Zek, Zek, Zek. I'm just not sure about us yet. Other people are paying a high price, but I've got too many questions. I'll draft you. I just need seven backs off the board before I do so. If you grab Elliot you have to grab Alf. 

I'm not sold on a Devonta repeat if Tevin Coleman was out, and Tevin Coleman is not out. I still think he gets enough work to be a one, but I think even the Falcons realize they should pace Devonta this season. He wore down towards the end, and this year they don't have to lean on him so much in the early on. Let me repeat, he is still a one for me, he is just not his ADP of RB5 for me. 

CJ Anderson is RB15 right now based on his ADP. Too late. The Broncos didn't let him leave. They want them some CJ, and so should you! With Peyton gone, the hybrid Peyton-Kubiak offense now becomes the full Kubiak offense. When you go full Kubiak, CJ becomes the focal point of the offense.


The scary part about this group is that they have all been RB1s in the past. Well Rawls and Hyde haven't been RB1s, but we talk about them like they have been. The talent is there with all of them. 

I am high on Forte. He's 17 off the draft board, and I have him 11th. That's because I am Jets fan. Okay, more of a disclaimer then insight. Wait, is any of this insight? Any way, I think two running backs can cook in the Jets offense. They love Powell, but they wanted Forte here too. They'll both have value, but the Jets and us fantasy footballers should rely on the proven commodity. 

Charles was inside my top-10 till like yesterday. The recent reports got me a little nervous. I still want to own him, I just don't top-10 want to own him anymore. It is cuffing season if you draft him. Spence Ware becomes a MUST own.

Even though he is 13 for me, I'm fine with Lacy's ADP11. That top-5 fantasy back is in there somewhere. I need Starks to feel cozy if I draft him. My feelings on Hill are similar. The real Jeremy Hill is in there somewhere. Try to get Gio too if you end being a Hill owner. 

Rawls is dealing with an injury issue, and a Christine Michael issue. I want to own Michael too, but I am buying the reports that Rawls is both healthy and the lead back. 

I am happy that I am finally right around the correct range for Hyde (ADP15/Fitzy16). I was high on him when Gore was still in town, and last year I luckily didn't land on him. Some folks who did still can't get out jail! Can anyone really figure Chip out? 

According to ADP, I am a Doug Martin hater. Which sucks, because I still think there is life left in some teach me how to Dougie jokes. But whatevs. I remember when he busted, and I'm not fully sold. The Bucs offense is going to be legit, and he isn't the only mouth who should eat. 

D Murray bounces back to a top-20 back, and I can't believe J Stew is going earlier than I have him.   


Rashad Jennings is going later than he should. He was good down the stretch last year, and this offense is going to be good. If you end up grabbing him, go ahead and get yourself some Perkins to. 

I want Arian Foster to be Arian Foster again. I'm having trouble letting go. It needs to be a three-way with him, Ajayi, and me. If I can't have them both, I don't want either. Also, pay attention to rookie Kenyan Drizzy Drake becoming a thing too. 

I'm not worried about Langford's teammate stealing carries. He is their numero uno. 

I'm high on Forsett. The Ravens were bad last year, and he got hurt, so it is easy to forget that he had value. You'll have to own West too, but the combo can start in your lineup. 

I like him less than his ADP, but Lat Murray is still the number one running back in the black hole. I just need a DeAndre Washington security blanket to go with him. 

Duke will continue to build on last year, and unfortunately, you'll have to own Crowell too. I say unfortunately because he posted that instagram photo that was dumb AF, but he did apologize. I guess I haven't forgiven him. 

Gordon will build on last year too. Only because he can't get worse. He is below his ADP for me, but I still think he is much better than last year. Seriously, he can't get worse! I don't mind owning Woodhead with him, or without him. This offense can make some noise. 

Yeldon is going where he should, but Ivory is going too late. Do we really know how this situation is going to shake out? Be careful how much you pay. 

Frank Gore will still contribute to your fantasy team at the appropriate spot. 

D Will needs to be owned because Bell smokes weed. 

Gio has value with and without Hill. He might be better than him, but no one in Cincy wants to hear that. 

Lots of backs are going to eat at Cooter's table, but Ameer is the first one being served in standard leagues. 

Derrick Henry has value in a committee, and has even more value if Murray really does stink. 

Starting to think more and more that it is better idea to hand it to Blount than it is to let Jimmy throw it early on. The consistency should scare you, but Blount still has value. It won't be a horrible idea to have him and White, and play the lets see how Bill splits this up game. If you can grab Lewis and stash him, I still think he helps your team the most out of any of these New England backs this year. 

Powell is a playmaker. Both him and Forte can cook in this Jet offense. 


These are names that you are going to have to know. Learn them. Draft them (if you have room). Stash them. Don't forget about them.

-FantasyFitz

No comments:

Post a Comment