Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fitzy Goes West With His Green Dogs

Photo Credit - lehighvalleylive.com / Filter - NYMWS
As Gang Green jets west to play the Chiefs, we find ourselves back where it all started. The first ever NYMWS blog was just under two years ago, and Fitzy went west with the underdog Jets to play at Arrowhead Stadium. Mike Vick was under center, and just like the rest of my Jets blogs, I suggested you play the Jets. That one didn't go as planned, as our 10 point underdog visitors were beat by Andy Reid's team, 24 to 10. I have not forgotten about that one, and now it is redemption time, as Coach Bowles leads our squad into Kansas City.

Normally with extra rest like the Jets got, injuries are not too much of a concern, but that is not the case today. After being brutally drug down in Buffalo, Brandon Marshall is not fully healthy, and it looks like he will be on a snap count today. Any B-Marsh is better than no B-Marsh, so I am still using him in my fantasy lineups, but I do not expect the Jets' offense to stall if Marshall is not himself. I have adopted this new moniker for the Jets. No one else in the NFL has ever used it, and that definitely means that no one else in the AFC East has ever used it. The new moniker for the Jets is "next man up!"  So if we don't get the B-Marsh that we are used to, I have faith in Big ED, Quincy, and the other Marshall, to keep the passing game alive with Fitzpatrick. Plus, I think the offense continues to utilize a successful balance, as Chan Gailey continues to get the ball into Forte's hands. 

While the Jets offense was able to overcome some defensive mishaps against the Bills, I don't believe they will be able to hang over 30 on the Chiefs' defense, so the visiting defense will have to look more like their expected self today. Jamaal Charles will once again sit out for Coach Reid's offense, but the Jets can not take this group lightly. The Official Game Manager of NYMWS, Alex Smith, is under center, and with the Official Game Manager of NYMWS quarterbacking your team, you always got a shot. But, with 10 days to prepare, I think Kacy Rodgers and Todd Bowles has the defense ready to contain the KC offense.

I've waited two years to do this. Give me my boys in a tough one at Arrowhead.  

Jets (+3) 20 - CHIEFS 13
*I'm buying the hook to 3.5, because you never know when the Jets gonna Jet.

-Fitzgerald


No comments:

Post a Comment