Saturday, September 3, 2016

The In Crowd - FantasyFtiz's WR Tiers/Ranks



Wide receivers are in-style. They are scoring the points, and picking up the women. Fantasy football, and real football, has sort of become their game. I'm not a zero-rb guy, but I am a the WR position is better than the RB position guy. Lets dive right in and navigate our way through this juicy group. 


If I'm picking first I'm grabbing Odell. If I'm picking second, I still think I'm getting the best fantasy footballer in the game. It is so close between the two of them, you really can't go wrong. I think we could see a full season of weeks 8 to 15 OBJ, and I think he might even be better than that, throughout the course of the whole 2016 fantasy season. 

You know the deal with Julio. He's just below these guys, and people dropping him further because he's "injury plagued" are just kidding themselves. 2013 is the only year he missed significant time. Just like last year, he will be the most targeted wide receiver this year. I'm drafting him over 3rd overall, and not feeling like I'm missing much from Odell and Antonio. 


If I miss the big three, I still think I'm getting a pretty damn good WR1 in this group. My preference is A.J. because there are literally no other wide receivers left in Cincy for that Ging to toss the rock too. Ok, that's harsh. Boyd's going to develop into a nice option, but Brandon Lafell is hot garbage. Eifert's down to start the year, and Andy won't dump it to Gio every play. A.J.s targets should sky rocket this year, and the man is no stranger to double digit touchdown seasons. I think he grabs over 100 balls for the first time in his career too. 

I am not worried about Jordy's health, so I have to like him better than guys catching passes from Blake and Brock. You know what a healthy Jordy Nelson can do. Brock will be an upgrade for Nuk, but not a Dalton, Rodgers, or even Bortles upgrade. 

Dez dropped slightly for me when TO's quarterback went down. I had him ahead of A-Rob and Nuk, thinking he was poised for a dominant-Dez bounce back. The health doesn't scare me, but the Dak does a little (Sanchez doesn't!). He'll still be better than last year, and I'm fine with him being my early second round pick at any point in a 10 or 12 team league. His current ADP is 16 overall. 

I am not worried about a Brandon Marshall drop-off. Sign me up for another 100/1500/14 for Fitzy's favorite target. 

It took a little while for the Brandin Cooks train to get going, but there ain't no stopping us now! We're on the move! This offense is going to be real good, and Brees will run it through Cooks and Ingram. Next year, Cooks' WR ADP is going to be inside the top-5. Take advantage now people. I sort of think he is the next Antonio Brown. 

If you scoop up a beast RB and Gronk around the 1-2 turn, you will be finding your WR1 in this group, and I think that is okayyyyyyy (#podcastjoke #noonelistens #noonegetsit). There is plenty of talent in this group, with plenty of upside, but, they find their way into this group because they have more questions than the pass catchers ranked ahead of them. 

Randall Cobb's current ADP is WR21, which means I'm getting a dime discount. Listen, the  Packers offense is back. Cobb is healthy, and Jordy lets Randall go back to being Randall. And when Randall is Randall he is pretty damn close to being a top-10 WR. 

The Chargers offense will run through Keenan and Rivers this season, and it will run smoothly. There is talent in the supporting cast, but it's worth paying for the leading man. His current ADP is WR15. He was on pace to be stupid good last year. 

If he can be your WR2, gamble on Alshon. As I mentioned in my QB blog, I am still a Jay Cutler believer. It is a gamble because this is a scenario where the health scares are real, but he has to get healthy eventually. 

The Broncos have chosen to ride the Siemian, and their top-2 WRs are feeling the effect. Emmanuel is a playmaker, and he is in a contract year. Siemian cannot be considered a downgrade from last year when it comes to getting the ball into Emmanuel's hands. He will let their receivers have fantasy value. Elway and Kub's know what they are doing. His WR ADP is 28, so you can get a legit WR2 at a steep discount. DT's poised for a bounce back. He is going right around where I have him. I don't think the floors as low as most people are saying for him.   

Armari Cooper is a stud, and all of his important numbers will increase this year. His ADP is higher than I have him, but that's not a reflection on him. I just prefer to grab one of the Broncos, and I'm bullish on Cobb. 

You can't go wrong with T.Y. and Sammy. The inconsistency concerns are legit, but you have to remember that they are both still developing. They are going to have a lot of big weeks, and some normal weeks. I don't think they will have as many bad weeks as we all think. Not to group Luck and Taylor, but you can trust both of their quarterbacks. 

Jarvis is a PPR dime-piece, who doesn't get the standard credit he deserves. He is the best offensive player on an Adam Gase coached team. Plus he is BFFs with Odell. 

I hate that I'm lower on Evans this ADP because I don't hate Evans. I just think this is one of those situations where I have other guys that I am into. It's not you Mike. It's me. I think the Bucs passing offense makes noise this year. 


What do Decker and Edelmen have in common? They both have sure hands, and hot women. You did good folks if one of these guys are your WR2. Delete the Geno Smith season from Deckers numbers, and all he does is surpass 1,000 yards, 10 TDS, and 80 grabs.

Moncrief W/ Luck > Moncrief W/Out Luck. Luck's back, and anyone who is anyone is predicting Moncrief for a breakout year. 

Kelvin's healthy. Funchess hype is real, but it shouldn't knock Kelv down a peg. He is a damn good WR2, and it wouldn't shock me if this is the last year you could draft him in that group. 

Megatron had to dance with the stars retire for Golden Tate to rise. Cooter, Stafford, and Tate. The NFL's version of the WWE Tag Champs, the New Day. 

I don't think Doug repeats, and I don't think he pays off his WR20 ADP. But if he slides a little, I think his floor is right around a WR25 draft price. 

Maclin's ADP is WR23, which is what he is worth, but I swear you can get him later. And I swear he starts weekly in your WR2 spot.  

Yep. I'm not proud of it, but I think Josh Gordon is worth the dice roll. 

The Cardinals offense will officially run through David Johnson, and John Brown this season. The veterans around them will only help their cause. Brown's inconsistent games, and injury concerns, discount his draft price, but the upside will show itself, and be a real return on your investment. 

Yes I'm writing this after Sam Bradford was dealt. Yes I still think Jordan Matthews is a top30 WR. He is the best WR on a team with other highly questionable WR options, and he has had top30 fantasy value before. Not last year, but the year before that. Well, he came on late last year, but real late. Legit WR2, high end WR3. They are going to have to throw it. 

I have questions about White, Lockett, and Parker, but I'm sleeping well at night with any of these other guys on my team as a WR3. Some of them will probably have WR2 value, but I'm going to be real strong at every other position before I'm drafting them there. 

V-Jax and Aiken are going way too late. Flacco is going to be able to manufacture some type of elite pass offense in Baltimore, and Aiken will be his go-to guy, at a way cheap go-to price. Friends don't let friends not own Aiken this year #fitzyyourfriend. Jameis is going to throw touchdowns, and he can't throw them all to Evans.

The Rams contract extension for Austin convinced me that they have faith in Tavon's continued development, and a developing Tavon Austin is worth more than his draft price. 

I was higher on Parker before Gase called him out, but I didn't drop him as much as others. Gase wanted to call him out. If he ignored him, and just slide him down the depth chart, it would have been more worrisome for me. He was never worth the hype, but he could still be a damn good receiver. 

Cutler can't throw them all to Alshon. White is to Alshon, what Alshon was to Marshall.

Diggs should move up with Bradford on his way to Minnesota. It is going to take a few weeks, but Bradford will make him a low WR2/high WR3. I'm also Diggs over Treadwell everyday of the week. 

Shepard's my top rookie, but I'm not sold Cruz just goes in a casket for him. I was trying to convince myself to put Sharpe over him, but I couldn't do it. It is worth a draft-day overpayment to find out if Sharpe is going to be Mariota's favorite target this season. The duo is going to make some plays.

Benjamin and Rivers are going to connect on some deep balls. I'm excited about this, I just need to see it happen. I'm a visual learner. 

I heard a Luck interview the other day, and he said Dorsett's name before Moncrief. Luck said his name people! #blushing

I don't think you can kill Steve Smith Sr. He is back for a reason. 

I think Flacco puts some passing numbers up, and people throw that post-hype sleeper term around. Perriman is that. 

If I draft Ben, I love a late round fly with Coates. They can't possibly want Wheaton to make plays. 

Hogan is worth a play because Bill and Brady have done this before. Google Welker, Wes. 

The Browns love Pryor. He might play over Coleman when Gordon comes back. 

Stills is going to have value if he truly does put the kibosh on that DeVante Parker guy. 

Rishard Matthews had PPR value last year, and no one really knows which Titan WR will be catching passes. Which is alsp why Kendall Wright's name is in this group too. 

Hot take! Victor Cruz finishes the year as a top25 WR. He also finishes the year as the league's best salsa dancer, obvi.  

-FantasyFitz

No comments:

Post a Comment